Our client, a growing Ipswich based company providing IT support and telecoms services to clients in East Anglia, is looking for a 3rd Line Engineer / Account Manager to join their team.
As the first point of contact with customers, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and be courteous and patient with users at all levels.
The ability to explain technical problems to non-technical users is essential.
Support is provided mostly via remote access and over the telephone, but site visits will also be required so a full driving licence and own vehicle is required.
- Active Directory including Group Policy;
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2010 – 2016) including Office 365 and Exchange Online;
- Understanding of NTFS Security Permissions, local and domain security policies;
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2;
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server;A good understanding of network topology including firewalls, routers and switches;
- Hardware repairs;Internet services, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, VPN;
- Accurate recording of incidents on support ticket management system;
- Good understanding of proper security practices.
- Server backup and disaster recovery;
- Mac OS;Unix (Linux, BSD etc.);
- High availability solutions (clustering etc.);
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.);
- Storage arrays;
- MCP / MCSA / MCSE;