Are you looking for a role that provides job satisfaction?
Would you like to make a difference to someones day?
Would you like to work for an organisation that allows further training and progression?
My client based in Ipswich are recruiting due to expansion - this is a wonderful opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation.
The role involves proactively contacting borrowers, at various stages of arrears, with a view to complete affordability checks in order for the borrower to get up to date with their payment agreements and where appropriate apply tailored solutions to the borrower.
Your day will vary depending upon the situation from taking debit card payments to clear arrears or the paying of a mortgage instalment to analysing an Income and Expenditure form and supporting documentation to be able to agree and formalise an arrangement with the borrower to repay their arrears.
You will be monitored and assessed to ensure that you demonstrate the “treat customers fairly” principles and that you set up affordable and realistic monthly repayments for the borrowers.
Skills and Interests
- Demonstrate good communication skills – speaking, writing and listening.
- Remain calm under pressure by being empathetic with customers in financial difficulty whilst ensuring the Arrears policy is adhered to.
- Manage case load in an organised and methodical way adhering to strict and client reportable deadlines and timescales.
- Demonstrate good negotiation and influencing skills to obtain the root cause of the arrears and monitoring ongoing arrangements to ensure they accurately reflect the borrower’s current financial situation.
- Demonstrate good mathematical skills to review the borrower’s financial budget to ensure mortgage debt is prioritised and have knowledge of consequences of non-payment of other priority debts.
- Demonstrate good computer skills ensuring accurate information is recorded on internal systems • The ability to work within a FCA Regulated Environment working to the rules and regulations which they impose and liaising with external agencies and referring customers in this direction if necessary
Key Candidate Characteristics and Values
- Demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles at work.
- Honest, trustworthy, demonstrating integrity and professionalism in the work place.
- Co-operative, supportive of others and respectful with borrowers, clients and colleagues.
- Effective team member who thinks logically and objectively.
- A positive, productive and proactive approach to work and building relationships.
- Accepting and flexible to change • Able and willing to take ownership by seeing a task through to completion.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate at all levels both face to face and over the telephone.
- Possess excellent customer service skills • Confident with inbound and outbound calling
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Previous arrears or collections experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mortgage industry.
- Attained or are studying towards CeMAP qualification or similar.
- A good understanding of the UK benefits systems
Hours and Environment
- Working a core 37.5 hour week.
- The business is open from: 08:30am until 20:30pm Monday to Friday, 09:00am until 13:00pm Saturdays (paid overtime)
- You will be working on a shift basis as per the business opening hours
- You will participate in a comprehensive 6-8 week induction training course that will provide you with the skills, knowledge and expertise to perform your role to the best of your ability.
- We continually provide regular training to ensure all our employees can grow and develop. • Competitive salary and benefits package
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a great team environment - excellent salary and benefits package and an internal training academy allowing you to develop within the business.
Please note this is not a call centre
No parking is available on site.