The Just Recruitment Group have a very exciting opportunitiy available with one of our clients based on the outskirts of Saffron Walden.
Our client seeks a Category Manager to join their ever growing team, in their small and friendly office.
The post holder will report into the Head of Purchasing and will be responsible for:
- Researching, sourcing and securing new experiences and promotions for clients B2C websites, and its high street retail and online e-commerce partners;
- Introducing innovative new products across defined categories;
- Ensuring that target margins are secured to maximise the profitability of the business;
- Ensuring an accurate and comprehensive handover of new products to the Supplier Team for completion of the contracting and approval process;
- Be proactive with products and services to ensure that the group continues to be market leader in providing innovative experiences;
- Working closely at all times with colleagues in the Supplier and Corporate Teams to ensure that the best and most appropriate experiences and locations are sourced, and the best service provided;
- Updating key departments on matters that may affect their working practices relating to suppliers, new contracts and activities;
- Being fully aware of our competitors’ business activities and providing an equivalent or better service;
- Assisting with queries from all areas of the business;
- Weekly regular reporting to directors on product development for retail clients;
- Keeping the supplier database up-to-date.
Criteria for Candidates:
- Experience in Category Management or Sales is essential;
- Strong Access, Word, Outlook and Power Point skills;
- Creative and innovative sales approach;
- Excellent negotiation skills over the phone and face-to-face;
- Used to negotiating to director level;
- Excellent literacy skills;
- Ability to prioritise a multitude of projects effectively;
- Creative and innovative approach;
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical accuracy;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Good communication with key departments;
- Ability to think ahead and pre-empt problems and issues;
- Open, friendly and confident communication style;
- Working effectively as part of a small team;
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions;
- Ability to work outside office hours as and when required.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary, plus OTE potential - working Monday - Friday 9.00am-5.30pm.