Our client based in the Witham area are recruiting for an assistant CNC Miller position to join a well established engineering company.
Experience not necessary, but with background in engineering or skilled machine operating desirable.
Duties to include:
- Planning machinery by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters;
- Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T);
- Planning stock inventory;
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points;
- Setting tools, calculating requirements, including basic maths;
- Setting up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers;
- Loading feed mechanism by lifting stock into position;
- Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards;
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations;
Working days and times: Monday - Friday 7:30am-16:00
Payment: £8.50 per hour