We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Secretary to join a highly regarded law firm based in Colchester.
Do you have Commercial Property experience, and want to make your mark?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
Working principally for a Partner or senior fee earner, Duties will include:
- Electronic diary management, booking rooms and arranging meetings.
- Telephone liaison with clients and firm’s contacts.
- Using digital transcription system, Bighand, to create letters, emails and documents.
- Amending and reformatting documents in Microsoft Word and using Track Changes.
- Using the firm’s Accounts software, Partner for Windows, to record payments in and out, create new matters and where necessary, record time spent.
- Completing forms using Oyez forms package, LexisNexis and Practical Law websites.
- Applying for searches using online services including Land Registry Portal.
- Using HMRC website to complete Stamp Duty Land Tax forms.
- Dealing with post completion matters including the registration of documentation at HM Land Registry and Companies House.
- Photocopying and scanning documents.
- Maintaining orderly files – keeping filing up to date.
- At least 1 years recent secretarial experience either in Commercial or Residential property.
- Fast typing speeds and ability to prioritise work.
- The ability to meet tight work timescales.
- Must be able to multi-task and work for more than 1 fee earner if required.
- Proven team working skills.