The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer for their client based in Tiverton, Devon.
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading, customer focused company with a vision of growing our reputation as world leaders in their field.
Role will involve focus on:
- Developing a system of costing within manufacturing including new production methods and maintaining current product costings on our in-house systems.
- Managing materials/consumables inventory and spend.
- Cost management of processes including cycle time and set up time.
- Ensure cost accuracy on in house computer systems.
- Maintain the accurate costing for new products, design changes and/or improvement to existing products by estimating the material used, process time and overheads.
- Material management – assisting with order fulfilment for what is required aligned to algorithms and data collated from sales forecast and usage rates etc. Consideration of space management in future, obsolete stock management and easing the First-In First-Out usage process.
- Lead a cost of sales review process with peers.
- Provide cost support of sales and the senior management team.
- Involved in budgeting process.
- Experience of costing products/processes of manufacture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of value engineering and project participation in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Engineering knowledge and experience with familiarity of raising works and routing documentation to support production.
- Understanding of root cause analysis, FMEA / risk analysis / Value Stream Mapping and 8D would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided.
Education & Training
Analytical skills together with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Fully IT literate, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Access or similar essential.
HND / HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous, although previous work experience within a similar industry would be considered.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm. 35-hours per week. Some degree of flexibility can be offered and will be required in respect of start and finish times in pursuance of supporting production.
In return we offer:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 905314