We are currently recruiting for a Electrical Wireperson for a client based in Braintree.
The role of the Electrical Wireperson is to mechanically and electrically assemble, wire and electrically test distribution and MCCB boards, cabinets and cable harnesses. The role also has the potential for new product development by building prototype boards and testing boards before product launch.
- Build and test distribution and MCCB panels to the standards specified by the latest electrical regulations: BS EN 61439 and BS7671 including energy metering and surge suppression devices;
- Read, understand and work from technical electrical CAD drawings and wiring diagrams;
- To pick and check all component quantity and quality before each job;
- To build and assemble wiring loom kits using a variety of cable crimp hand tools;
- Electrical testing, fault finding and resolution;
- Production of Test Certificates;
- To work using own initiative with limited supervision;
- Make all efforts to ensure customer required dispatch dates are met;
- Ensure all components and finished goods are quality controlled and report any non-conformance to QA Technician;
- Maintain manufacturing records including; copy test certification, wiring diagrams, layout drawings and production sheets;
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained and continually improved with the use of risk assessments, work instructions and safe systems of work;
- Ensuring that team members are competent and comply with all Health and Safety standards, company and legal requirements e.g. the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Previous strong experience in Low Voltage panel building environment;
- Knowledge of metering requirements and installation;
- Attention to detail;
- Flash Testing Certified.