The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Freight Operations Support to assist the Freight Team Leader in supervising the freight forwarding team with all aspects of export/import freight operations; from initial booking through all documentation stages to completion and final invoicing.
Operational experience within Freight Forwarding industry; to bring complete import / export knowledge.
Track record of successfully supervising/ mentoring a small team. Able to efficiently and effectively develop individuals and teams.
Duties will include
• Coordinate with customers and internal departments to ensure all bookings adhere with agreed procedures and payment terms.
• Place/ oversee placing of bookings with respective carrier(s).
• Collate required documentation, and ensure accurate and timely submission to carrier, customer, and/or HMRC.
• Allocation of Customer payments.
• Review and approve Supplier invoices against quotation(s).
• Ensure all invoices (per job) are settled before cargo/documents are released / or if Credit Customer, payments are up to date.
• Mentoring Operations staff, developing their freight forwarding, HMRC skills and building Customer Service Excellence for a multi-cultural customer base.
Experience within a freight forwarding /logistics environment with Import/export cargoes.
• Knowledge of HMRC compliance and clearance processes and systems
• Developed interpersonal skills
• Competent with Industry Order Management systems, MS Windows an MS Office.
• Good organisational and time management skills
Industry recognised certification/ Qualification ( BIFA, DGSA, IATA) would be advantageous
Working hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 6.00 pm.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd at email@example.com or telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 905011.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
Just Recruitment Group Ltd, are only able to process applications from candidates who are currently resident and eligible to work in the UK.