The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer (Project Manager) for their client based in Braintree, Essex.
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist in the project management & delivery of structural & architectural building steelwork projects, as part of an exciting period of growth within the organisation.
The role also offers the opportunity to work on technical matters including specifying the correct type of steel, connection design and production of accurate and detailed manufacturing drawings.
Training and support will be provided to develop qualifications and experience necessary to enable individuals to apply for Membership of a Professional Engineering Institution.
- Assisting with the project management of various steelwork projects within the commercial and housebuilding sectors.
- Assisting with the accurate build-up of quotes and developing budget costs.
- Assisting with the financial and commercial management of steelwork projects.
- Attending site and partaking in site meetings with Clients, Architects and Engineers.
- Management of steelwork projects through the fabrication process and ensuring all drawings are completed and checked appropriately.
- Assisting/Managing the logistics of ensuring steelwork is fabricated, required finish applied and delivered to the correct sites on time.
- Working with the Technical Team to define clear scope of works for engineering design and assisting in the managing of outsourced design work.
- Developing new and improved processes for the Structural & Architectural Steelwork team
- Producing engineering drawings as required.
- Undertaking site supervision.
- Developing your engineering and project management/commercial skills to enable application to a Professional Engineering Institution.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
- BSc /BEng (Hons) or MSC/MEng in Civil Engineering or alternatively a degree or higher. qualification in Construction Management or Project Management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft outlook, Excel and word.
- Experience in a building structures environment, working with steel is preferable but full training will be given.
- Full driving licence is essential.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.