The Just Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for a manufacturing company based in the Ipswich area.
Ideally originating from a Construction background with a knowledge of CDM you will possess a minimum 5 years' Health & Safety experience at Management level.
The ideal candidate will be NEBOSH qualified, combined with a working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001.
Experience across a broad Health & Safety remit with the ability to apply Health & Safety with a rational, logical and flexible approach, is critical, as is the need to be an effective communicator to gain buy-in and credibility.
- To manage the Company's H&S Management System.
- To understand develop, implement and maintain an effective safety program and ensure compliance is met in line with all H&S legislation.
- Implement the Company's health and safety policy and procedures. Make recommendations for changes to the policies and associated processes and systems following review and legislative changes.
- Ensure H&S best practice is shared across the business.
- Communicate changes in H&S legislation to Directors, Managers and all other staff.
- Identify safety training needs, organise, hold and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate.
- Coordinate the delivery of the H&S site visit audit program.
ISO tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the company's ISO 9001 and 14001 compliance.
- Ensure company's ongoing compliance under ISO 9001 and 14001 by preparation and coordination of external & internal audits and the arranging of review meetings.
- Implement the company's environmental and quality policies and procedures. Make recommendations for changes to the policies and associated processes and systems following audit reviews and legislative changes.
- Implement the change-over to an UKAS accredited supplier.