The Just Recruitment Group are pleased to be wokring with a growing Construction company based in Ipswich who are looking for a health and Safety Manager to join their busy team.
Ideally originating from a Construction background with a knowledge of CDM, you will possess a minimum 5 years’ Health & Safety experience at Management level. The ideal candidate will be NEBOSH qualified, combined with a working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001. Experienced across a broad Health & Safety remit with the ability to apply Health & Safety with a rational, logical and flexible approach, is critical, as is the need to be an effective communicator to gain buy-in and credibility. Team spirited with a can do and muck in attitude is essential.
The duties will include:
- To manage the Company’s H&S Management System.
- To understand develop, implement and maintain an effective safety program and ensure compliance is met in line with all H&S legislation.
- Implement the Company’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Make recommendations for changes to the policies and associated processes and systems following review and legislative changes.
- Ensure H&S best practice is shared across the business.
- Communicate changes in H&S legislation to Directors, Managers and all other staff.
- Identify safety training needs, organise, hold and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate.
- Coordinate the delivery of the H&S site visit audit program.
- Involvement in the compilation of in-house product training courses.
- Evaluate accident & incident forms, surveys, audits to establish root causes, working with Management to formulate a plan of action to remedy.
- Working knowledge of Construction (Design & Management) 2015 and ensure the Company is compliant in relation to CDM requirements.
Please apply below, or call us today on 01473 599 888.