Our client, situated in Essex, is seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join it's busy team.
Job duties include:
• To act as the Competent Person for health and safety matters relating to manufacturing, cleaning and grounds maintenance, across the organisation, as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
• Actively drive and implement a health, safety and environmentally aware culture amongst all employees within the business.
• Work according the Peninsula Business Services Ltd and Business Safe 123 Online system and adhere to all stipulations from Peninsula regarding Health and Safety to ensure the Company’s insurance indemnity is maintained at all times.
• Assist with any onsite audits form Peninsula Business Services, Health & Safety Executive, Essex County and Fire Rescue Service.
• Assist with monthly meetings with all employee representatives and ensure that all issues raised are followed up and completed.
• Act on ad-hoc employee concerns regarding health and safety and provide feedback to staff.
• Daily site inspection and report any findings of Health and Safety concerns to the HR Manager.
• Assist HR Manager in compiling and maintaining training matrix for all staff.
• Arrange training for employees and update all training records.
• Provide monthly report to Managing Director and HR Manager.
• Provide advice and support on safe working practices and safe systems of work to managers and supervisors responsible for repairs & maintenance and to managers responsible for any manufacturing related areas of work so that they are aware of their respective obligations in terms of Health and Safety in the workplace.
• Deliver a robust programme for proactive on-site inspections to check, challenge, support, mentor and guide workers and supervisors in the delivery of safe working practices.
• Advise managers and team leaders on legal requirements and changes in legislation as necessary, ensuring all necessary Health & Safety procedures and guidance are in place and available to managers and employees and that these are reviewed and updated.
• Advise managers on the risk assessments required and ensure that managers complete and review risk assessments appropriate to their area of the business.
• Maintain the COSHH assessment register and provide updates to managers as necessary.
• Produce reports on Health and Safety issues for Managing Directors as required.• Manage uniform and PPE orders• Contact with external professional advisors, partner organisations, contractors and statutory Health and Safety agents as required.General
• Represent the business and its future plans and actively drive these plans.
• Ensure that work area is kept clean and tidy.
• Work within health and safety at work act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
• Ad hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
• Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
• Perform any reasonable management instruction within time frame requested.
The ideal candidate:
• NEBOSH Diploma
• IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
• Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety (MIOSH)
• You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a Health and Safety advisor.
• Experience of working in a manufacturing environment and sites with a high volume of traffic.
Does this sound like you? If the answer is yes, then apply below or call us today on 01376 517 079