The Just Recruitment Group are seeking an experienced Management Accountant for our client based in Saffron Walden.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a prestigious and very successful business, in a full time permanent position.
Responsible for the maintenance of accounts of the company, proving monthly management accounts to the management team. Working with company management to help them make management decisions & provide financial information to inform business strategy.
Specific Job Duties:
• Prepare management accounts on a timely basis
• Maintain records and supervising of all ledgers
• Ensure Department reports are accurate and relevant
• Ensure reconciliations are completed on a regular basis
• Responsible for all precise and accurate reporting and information to Auditors, VAT returns and reconciliations.
• Ensure that VAT & PAYE regulations are complied with
• Form a positive working relationship with the auditors, bank
• Provide regular cashflow forecasts & ensure that the borrowing facilities are appropriate.
• Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost or improving financial performance
• Stock System - Improve and keep up to date factory costings/inventory valuations, improving stock control, and producing accurate costings for pricing/quotation purposes and project profitability reporting. Ensure absorption of labour and overhead into the inventory valuation is appropriate and prudent.
• Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
• Research and development monitoring and reporting
• Implement new procedures where appropriate as dictated by new business
• Team of 2
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts, understanding of finance regulations and legislation, Knowledge of business strategy and methodology
• Strong attention to detail
• Analytical & organisational skills excellent
• Candidate must be hard working and conscientious
• Able to work as part of a team as well as supervise others
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent skill set in Sage, Microsoft word and excel
In return, our client offers a very competitive salary in the region of £35000-£40000 plus benefits. Our client operates 40 hours per week Monday - Friday.
For more information, contact me today on 01440270011 or apply today!