Just Recruitment Group is delighted to be recruiting a Manufacturing Engineering Manager on behalf of a global manufacturer based at their site in Sudbury, Suffolk.
In this position you will manage a team of 3 Engineering Supervisors and Engineers.
You and your team are responsible for the day to day performance and improvement of production equipment.
What are your responsibilities?
- Responsible for delivering improvements within the department and production areas to drive efficiency through the application of Lean methodologies.
- Ensure improvement projects are managed and tracked using Gant style formats
- Driving the effective use of SQDIP within the business (Safety/Quality/Delivery/Inventory/Performance)
- Drive Effective use of the CAPA/IR tool
- Work with cross functional teams to support any Product safety issues that could potentially lead to a non-conformance
- Ensure all processes are available to Production Operations as and when desired.
- Manage the Maintenance department to deliver rapid response, to asset availability in line with the expectations of Manufacturing Operations.
- Report and manage Process uptime including breakdowns and ensure reaction and countermeasures are in place at the first attempt where possible (Permanent corrective action)
- Drive effective use of Preventative maintenance and ensure operations are embracing First line maintenance culture
- Ensure all Maintenance and calibration is completed on time
- To ensure day to day support of the production and all associated equipment to ensure effective running, maintenance and changeovers of all production equipment.
- On time delivery of customer orders – this is a key driver for the Sudbury operation and as such requires constant monitoring and action to ensure resources are aligned to address issues identified during the manufacturing processes
- Developing plans by reviewing past technical issues to enhance future product introductions and improve current product performance and repeatability through supporting design changes
- Improve Process efficiencies through reducing downtime, and accurate resource planning in line with data collection through current Process performance.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
Education: Degree in an engineering related topic, and a managerial qualification i.e. DMS
Experience: Extensive experience in an management role within either engineering or manufacturing within a fast paced environment
Competencies: Proven people management skills/knowledge of resource planning
Leader of lean: Able to lead change via lean methodologies
Experience of: Non-conformance management
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please get in touch with Lisa Cleverley at the Just Recruitment Group - Sudbury office.