An experienced Materials Planner is required to join a global manufacturer based at their site in Sudbury, Suffolk.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive salary on offer alongside an attractive benefits package which can be altered to suit your lifestyle.
- Execute buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture all instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Monitor and control inventory levels for materials including reporting, forecasting and analysis;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data;
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- First line of communication with suppliers for resolving complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- Sound understanding of the dynamics of MRP, how the front end demand translates into purchasing requirements, how the bill of materials and inventory accuracy contribute to the visibility of materials planning process;
- Microsoft Excel skills;
- Open Communication – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups;
- Ability to work effectively in teams;
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to deal with large amounts of complex data;
- Result and quality orientation - highly organised and results oriented with a ‘strong’ quality ethos.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please call Lisa Cleverley at the Just Recruitment Group - Sudbury office