The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer for their client based in Colchester, Essex.
Their Mechanical Engineers are involved from the very early stages of product design, through prototype and design verification, and finally taking the design into production.
The boards primarily need compact and effective cooling solutions which in many cases also have to be able to withstand high levels of vibration and mechanical shock, so the role involves not just design but also hands-on verification testing. It frequently also involves the creation and use of new jigs and fixtures for design verification and production test purposes.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Ideally educated to Bachelor degree level with industry experience of designing small or precision components for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
- You must be independent and a self-starter, able to plan and carry out your work with little supervision and with the ability to deliver effective results in short timescales.
- You will be a good problem-solver, with the ability to reason independently and reach good engineering solutions.
- You need to be able to explain your ideas and solutions to others, including senior and junior engineering staff and technical management.
- You must be a very practical, “hands-on” person.
- You must have a good understanding of change control procedures, e.g. ECO/ECN systems.
- You also need a good understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills / Experience:
- A good level of familiarity with SolidWorks.
- Some awareness of thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design.
- Previous involvement in environmental testing, e.g. shock, vibration or thermal tests.
- A background in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment.
We offer a very competitive salary, an optional stakeholder pension scheme (with a generous company contribution), life assurance, private health insurance, and relocation allowance where appropriate.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 905870.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.