Just Recruitment are currently looking for a Merchandiser with proven experience within the field for their client based in the outskirts of Braintree.
You will be working in conjunction with the Buyers to develop the category strategy and range plan. Produce the Merchandise Financial Plans to meet company targets. Manage performance in season by effective management of supply chain in order to drive profit and manage stocks in line with agreed financial parameters.
- Develop category strategy to support the company & product strategies.
- Diarise Strategy meetings with management based on Critical path.
- Review past seasons performance/forecast and define growth drivers.
- Review Brand/Supplier performance and profitability.
- Produce and present Merchandise Financial Plans for sign off in Strategy meetings.
- Plan sales phasing in line with marketing calendar and current sales trends.
- Produce preseason WSSI and plan weekly stock & OTB to meet company targets.
Trade the Proposition;
- Regularly reforecast WSSI’s to manage stocks and OTB within the agreed financial parameters.
- Present revised forecast for sign off explaining rationale of BTA against current trend.
- Create markdown proposal for 2x yearly sales, identifying products and/or brands that should be included & at what discount %.
- Manage replenishment process to optimise stocks, increase availability and percentage of options sold regularly.
- In conjunction with the Buyers identify product to be discontinued and effectively manage out of the business.
- Produce Supplier/Brand review pack and attend in season trading reviews.
- Produce adhoc analysis as required
- Manage, train and develop the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Manage the Assistant Merchandiser and help prioritise tasks
- Support induction and training of new team members as required
- Collaborate with the Head of Merchandising to optimise conversion
- Regularly update Trading Director on progress, key issues and changes to work priorities.
- Support the Trading Director and wider team as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum requirement - proven track record as an Assistant Merchandiser or Merchandiser.
- Experience in Range Planning, forecasting and managing OTB.
- Proficient MS Office packages, including strong Excel experience
- Analytical and commercial mind set
- Experience in motivating and managing a team.
- Confidence to work with and present to key stakeholders within the business
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, prioritise and organise your workload
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt approach to different changing situations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to build useful working relationships