The Just Recruitment Group Ltd are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for their client based in Braintree, Essex.
Reporting to the Group Manufacturing Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the operations functions (People, Process, Quality, Production, Maintenance and Toolroom) to deliver required KPI's across the site to exceed business and customer expectations.
• Lead the day to day operations of the factory to achieve company strategy, objectives and results.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the manufacturing unit business plan and achieve/exceed business objectives.
• To provide vision, leadership and guidance on the delivery of manufacturing excellence to support year on year growth.
• Drive up Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Manage, coach and develop the senior management team and manufacturing site.
• Set objectives/KPIs within area of responsibility, review and assess ongoing performances of direct report.
• Adopt a hands-on approach to management and all employees to motivate, direct and achieve results.
• Inspire and drive continuous improvement culture throughout the site.
• Deliver change.
• Provide robust cost management/improvement culture whilst delivering results.
• Control and manage budgets and spend to agreed levels.
• Lead, Manage team activities in line with HR systems maintaining a positive working environment and development of your people including team briefings and performance reviews.
1. Strong leadership mind-set with people management, team building skills and a demonstrable track record of achieving results.
2. Leader of a senior management team.
3. Experience of reducing waste within a manufacturing environment, with a can-do attitude and a ‘Keep it Simple’ approach.
4. Strong communicator, including an affinity to engage with a wide range of employees, managers, directors and customers.
5. Results driven.
6. Inclusive and participative leadership style, experienced in building a culture of teamwork, collaboration, accountability and empowerment of all employees to deliver on KPIs.
7. Thrives in an environment of change, is motivated by stretched targets and challenges the norm.
Required Skills & Experience
? Minimum of degree in an engineering discipline or apprentice served with proven success in the field of engineering management to NVQ level 5+.
? Strong leadership, Coach and People Management skills in an engineering / manufacturing environment with experience of leading change.
? Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop short, medium and long term strategy.
? Lean Manufacturing methodology – 5s, Six Sigma and SMED.
? Project management skills.
? Value Engineering and cost management.
? Customer driven, good communicator, motivator who encourages and adopts an engaging environment.
? Good IT skills and Health & Safety knowledge.