An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join a payroll team within a Chartered Accountancy Practice based in Colchester, Essex.
This role is ideal for someone with payroll experience (preferably bureau experience), who would also look to progress further in their role.
You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will understand calculations of tax and national insurance, and well as statutory payments.
The job role involves co-ordination and calculation of multiple client payroll's, to include the following: -
* Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
* Creating and maintaining employee records
* Calculating ad hoc payments including bonuses and commissions when appropriate
* Adhere to payroll policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with legislation
* Processing Statutory Payments (includes SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP)
* Calculating pay and deductions and issuing reports to clients in a timely manner
* Reporting to HMRC in line with RTI requirements (including EPS submissions)
* Processing and submitting contractor CIS returns
* Liaising with contacts both internal and external to the organisation
* Dealing with client payroll queries and internal contact queries
* Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
* Understanding of automatic enrolment legislation and managing the processing of pension deductions and pension uploads
* Issue statutory forms in line with legislation (P60s, P45s)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:-
* Customer Service
* Attention to Detail & a high level of accuracy
* Organisational Skills
* Analysing Information
* Proficiency with payroll software and other applications including Excel
* Ability to work well under pressure