The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a New Product Development Engineer for their client based in Dunmow, Essex.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small, multi-disciplined, agile team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the technical development of products from concept to production, helping ensure products and systems meet performance and service needs of customers whilst maintaining a competitive advantage and increased market share.
A Degree qualified (or equivalent) multi-disciplined Electronic/Electrical or Mechanical Engineer, you ideally have project management and customer facing experience coupled with product supply centre experience. At least 3 years’ design experience with 3D SolidWorks will be essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new and existing products, improving existing methods to optimise efficiency.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Material selection
- Supplier sourcing
- Customer liaising
- Risk Analysis (inc. FMEA)
- Procedures development
- Transfer of process & product to Manufacture
- Knowledge transfer: Manufacturing, QC, Marketing
- Engineering support at implant
- Participate in Feasibility process – Innovation of new ideas & Evaluation of concepts
- Problem solving
- Process development
- Test development (Test protocols)
- Tooling development
- Verification & Validation
- Report writing
- Working to relevant quality standards
- Generation of Schematics & Engineering Drawings (3D SolidWorks)
- Generation of Bills of Materials
- Customer returns – Investigations
- Liaising with other relevant departments
This position is office based but should be happy to travel internationally (occasionally). This is a superb opportunity to test and develop your abilities with a stable, growing market leader.