We are currently recruiting for a Production Line Manager to be based at our client's leading global manufacturing site.
The role will be within a manufacturing team of approximately 130 people, leading a sub-team to support market growth. Within this position you will have opportunity to develop as an individual within and beyond the role.
This role is working week days, during the afternoon and evening.
Our client's facility in Sudbury, Suffolk, develops and manufactures medical devices, used in the diagnosis, monitoring and management of medical conditions. The Sudbury organisation is pivotal to the success of the POC (Point Of Care) sector being the only place that manufactures and delivers these products on a worldwide basis.
What are my responsibilities?
• To operate as a Line Manager for a production area driving and owning the production cells to ensure:
• Comply with safety standards and enhancing the production environment. To comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all H&S audits are carried out accordingly as well as annual assessments. To investigate any EHS incident raised within the area to drive to a Zero Harm culture
• Lead the quality metrics - including first time pass prate, regulatory compliance, defining & adherence to procedures
• Ensure production plans are adhered to - including labour resourcing, line efficiency,
• Manage production cells focusing on Quality and throughput with effective planning, of people, equipment and materials.
• Discuss with relevant Engineering resources and the Quality group any issues that may impact through effective throughput of the area.
• The development of people and the performance of the teams including training, coaching, absence management.
• To supervise a team of staff working in the instrument production area. With responsibility for all day to day activities, PMP, training, development and disciplinary requirements
• Perform first line manager responsibilities for the cell working with other key departments including Quality, EHS and engineering.
• Lead Problem Solving within the area
• Driving & leading a Continuous Improvement approach
• Support the site Lean journey
What do I need to qualify for this role?
Proven leadership skills, a strong organiser and motivator who is able to communicate effectively with your team, peer and senior Managers.
You will need to possess a positive attitude and display the ability to identify solutions to problems. These should be backed up with a close eye for detail and a determined and conscientious approach.
Experience in managing manual manufacturing processes is required and the ability to drive ownership within the teams.