An experienced Team Leader is required to join a world-class manufacturer in Sudbury, Suffolk on a full time, permanent basis.
Working Friday - Sunday, rotating shifts (6am-6pm / 6pm-6am)
Basic salary plus shift allowance.
Competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
On-going training and development opportunities are available to all employees.
As a Team Leader, you are responsible for;
• Supervision of a production line team of up to 5 Team members. Initiate improvements and be responsible for safety within their specified working area. Escalating appropriately to nominated Production Supervisor.
• Safety – deploys and maintains risk assessments. Ensures near misses are raised and implemented as appropriate.
• Safety inductions and standard work training of all permanent and temporary staff in their area.
• Work/role allocation of team members to delivery shift production plan.
• Escalation of any Safety, Engineering, quality or material supply issues in their area (stop & fix).
• Ensuring all team members in their specified area are working to appropriate standard work and quality checks.
• Maintaining and improving Lean, 6S and Standard Work within their area and driving daily improvements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
• Experience leading a team or managing processes, ideally gained within a production/manufacturing environment.
• Able to work autonomously, taking ownership for making decisions within the parameters of Standard working practices and Company policy.
• Be able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative.
• Confident in use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience of managing cross functional Teams (Production Team Members, Engineering and Process Technicians) and varied production lines within a single shift.
• Ideally experience of Lean manufacturing techniques or an understanding of Continuous improvement activities.