The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a 12 month FTC for their client based in Gillingham, Kent.
The person in this position will be accountable for the overall project management of multiple projects involving cross functional teams, responsible for the development and industrialization of diesel pumps and SCR.
The person in this position will report to the Customer Program Manager. It is not essential to have project management experience; however significant experience is required in product / process development, and communication / team driving skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility to deliver flawless project launches to meet the committed objectives and flawless launch metrics.
• Ownership of the projects from kick off to product launch in the plant, using the Delphi PDP process to assure the project meets both customer & business objectives for cost, quality, delivery & performance.
• Develop project plans (project scope, timelines, cost, resources, risk, quality, communications and procurement) then lead and deploy overall project timing to the team
• Co-ordinate the cross functional teams to develop & implement plans to fit within timelines & key dates
• Conduct regular project team meetings and ensure teams are accountable for their deliverables & timelines, and manage risk escalation and resolution
• Support Customer meetings and support all functional discussions at customer
• Manage and track all prototype phases Alpha, A,B,C up to and including PPAP; followed by ramp up tracking
• Lead and apply PDP process, PDP Gate reviews and support Engineering to run PDP Design reviews
• Create and update Project Server reporting - Identify, analyse, resolve and/or escalate risks in a timely manner in line with Commercial Vehicles FIS escalation process
• Support divisional initiative for tracking flawless launch of all new product programs
• Support and where appropriate lead flow 5 activities as per our Change Management process
• Be positive, encourage, coach & share knowledge with all cross functional teams
• Communicate effectively, develop & conduct regular presentations to customers and management on FIS projects
• Engineering Degree or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience within Automotive Industry
• Must be well organised, disciplined and self-driven
• Excellent communication Skills
• Attention to detail
• Must be a team player
Project management experience