Our client is the World Leader in its field and is currently recruiting for a Quality Manager.
This is a senior technical position and the successful candidate will lead and implement improvement in company's manufacturing operations and drive the development of a culture of ‘high process capability’, in order to ensure very high levels of part compliance to specification.
To support the meeting of quality standards and customer expectations aligned to improving business
To drive and implement a positive quality culture across all levels of the organisation.
Focus on reducing customer complaints aligned with delivery performance targets.
Ongoing management of ISO9001 standard and compliance.
• 5+ years QA management experience in manufacturing field.
• Six Sigma Green belt qualified or above.
• Understanding and management of the quality management system - ISO9001: 2015
• Leadership of ISO9001: 2015 and facilitate compliance across our three UK sites.
• Experience of mechanical engineering to include CNC, turning and grinding.
• Promoting quality achievement and a culture of continual improvement across the business.
• Structured problem solving skills and the use of quality tools – 8D, RCA, DOE, FMEA, 5S, SPC,
• Experience of working within a multi-functional organisation
• Auditing skills to support internal and external QA.
• Ability to lead customer and supplier discussions at all levels within the company.
• Defect prevention vs. defect detection methodology.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Educated to HND level in Mechanical/Process Engineering.
• Strong leader possessing excellent people skills with experience of managing a team.
• Demonstrable experience of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing.
• Sound experience in use of standard IT tools and previous working knowledge of QPulse.
• Open, enthusiastic and innovative with strong results driven focus with a positive “can do” attitude
• Strong communication skills including the ability to produce reports to all levels within the organisation.
• Has a desire to continuously push the boundaries in improving quality and waste reduction.
• Support new product and process introduction.
• Adopts 'hands on' visible approach within factory.