Our Client are Internationally renowned leaders in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of bespoke infrastructure engineering products. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Contractual and commercial governance of complex structural engineering tenders and projects.
- Negotiation of contract terms/conditions.
- Submission and agreement of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Managing entitlement to loss and expense including compilation, submission and negotiation of claims.
- Procurement of subcontractors including negotiating contract sum and terms & conditions.
- Monthly contract reviews, audits and raising early warnings of contract risks.
- Train junior project managers in commercial best practice.
- Contribute to internal process creation and improvement.
- Managing contract disputes.
- Managing subcontract accounts including interim valuations, claims and final accounts.
- Tender preparation including production of engineering cost plans and estimates.
- Value engineering input during project design stages.
Qualifications and Experience
Proven quantity surveying experience and cost management of complex engineering or construction projects
? Knowledge of commonly used construction contracts and contract law
? Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
? Experience in one or more of the following key sectors would be an advantage; telecoms infrastructure, structural steel, facilities management.
? A self-motivated individual and ideally a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional status.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience
? Degree qualified in quantity surveying, or civil/structural engineering
? Experience of mitigation and adjudication processes
? Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), although not essential.