The Just recruitment Group are supporting a prestigious client based in Saffron Walden.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company specialising in the design and assembly of electronic systems and cost effective electromechanical solutions to the rail, aerospace and defence, aircraft support, infrastructure, marine, and industrial markets throughout the world. The company are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to lead the design of mechanical and electromechanical products, long term it is expected that this role will develop further into a Chief Engineers position.
- Conducting research; applying principles of mechanics, electricity, heat transfer, and materials.
- Studying customer requirements and conducting appropriate product development, research and testing.
- Assisting with assuring system and product quality by designing test methods and practices, testing prototype components; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Preparing technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and data.
- Generating technical documentation (user manuals etc.) in the support of products and equipment.
- Contributing to the product data base by creating product information leaflets and brochures, generating BOMs and entering data.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant subject.
- Understanding of technical requirements capture
- Solid mechanical design skills (electromechanical preferred)
- 3D CAD skills ideally Catia V5 but cross training will be given.
- Ability to both generate and present to management, technical presentations & documents.
- Working understanding of design review process.
- Practical FMEA / FMECA experience.
- Understanding of IP and Shock & Vibration testing.
- Basic understanding of reliability and safety analysis.
- Ability to perform basic structural calculations.
- Working knowledge of LV directive & IEE regs.
- Conceptual design skills.
- Salary of £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience.
- Hours 8.30-5.00 Monday to Thursday with ½ hour lunch and 9.00-1.00 Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension of 3.4% paid by company with employee contribution of 3% available after 1 years' service.
- Life Assurance x2 Annual Salary available after 1 years' service.
- Free parking.