The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Shift Production Supervisor for their client based in Maldon, Essex.
The shift pattern is 0600 to 1800 ( 2 off 3 in / 2 off 2 in / 3 off 2 in rotating shift covering 7 days per week)
Responsible for the Day operations and safety of all production lines and production personnel. Under limited supervision from the manufacturing manager. Developing own methods, systems and strategies, oversee the safe optimization of operations using world class operating practices. Liaising with the planning department to allocate labour and production runs.
1. Responsible for production, production facilities, Health and Safety within the department. (Including Risk Assessments, Workplace Observations, Near Misses and First Aid Reporting/Investigation)
2. Responsible for the measurement of product properties, coordinates with the Quality Assurance and Maintenance & Engineering department to optimize finished goods attributes and processing conditions with the use of SPC tools, thus ensuring quality that consistently meets customers’ specifications.
3. Leading through a process based culture, promotes consistent operations through the creation and optimization of SOP’s oriented to maximize utilization of resources in all aspects of the operation.
4. Coordinates with the Maintenance & Engineering area in implementing TPM practices designed to cover the most fundamental maintenance routines as well as actively participating in the periodical PM of the lines.
5. Manages compliance to operating departmental budgets and manufacturing KPI’s implementing Controls and Records using world class manufacturing practices and project management disciplines to consistently meet and exceed performance expectations.
• Q5 or Lean Certification is preferred, or any equivalent combination of training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Team leading skills with 4 - 6 years of experience in production
• A Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering, or Production Management or equivalent experience.