We are looking for an individual with fabrication and welding knowledge to train in the structural steel industry.
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To prepare and carry out MIG/MMA welding in a safe manner to produce high quality, accurate work pieces.
• To carry out Metal Inert Gas (MIG) (MMA) welding.
• Understand Fabrication Drawings
• Highlight Potential Errors Prior to Fabrication
• Mark out / Tack Weld ready for checking by the group charge hand
• Knowledge of Radial Drill, Iron Workers Punch and Guillotine Machine ( training given first)
• Produce accurate work and examine work pieces for defects
• Operate safety equipment and use safe working habits at all times
• Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
Qualifications, Skills and/or Experience Required:
• Excellent understanding of welding codes and standards
• Good use of initiative
• Effective team worker
• Good prioritisation skills
• Ability to work independently unsupervised
• City & Guilds / NVQ in Fabrication or Welding
• Full understanding of health and safety and safe work behaviours
• Provide own tools / welding screen
Apply online today, or call us on 01376 517 079.