The Just Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Workshop Operative for their client based in Braintree, Essex.
The position will involve working within a small team to assist in general engineering workshop duties. The role will likely involve varying tasks as required.
The tasks you might have but are not limited to include:
• Making drill jigs
• Shot blasting
• fettling (Grinding) with angle grinders
• straightening material
• Application of resins to metal
• Using hand tools files etc.
• Reading drawings and QA documents
• Completing QA documents and final inspection
• Packing materials onto pallets
Training will be required and given. Engineering hands on experience is needed. Please note that this position involves heavy lifting all day.
Working Hours: 39 hour week
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm
½ hour lunch break 12.30pm – 1.00pm
The above hours are set however; you may be requested from time to time to work additional hours so a flexible approach is preferred.
This role would suit someone who is interested in a career within a manufacturing company. Full job specific training will be given but candidates must have the following attributes:
• an organised approach and excellent time keeping
• good verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to work well as part of a team
• accuracy and attention to detail
• the ability to use your own initiative but also know when matters need to be referred to a supervisor.
• able to lift heavy items (up to 29kgs) within a workshop environment