||Property and Construction
||£35,000 - £44,000 per annum
Contact Ali Fororshani to talk about this role on 01473 259923
Just Recruitment is working with a leading main contractor who has secured a £20m design and build contract in the heart of Suffolk.
We are looking for an experienced Architectural Technician.
As a chartered architectural technologist (MCIAT) you will be expected to lead a project from inception to completion. You will specialise in the technology of architecture, focusing on the design of buildings for use and performance.
Your work will include conception and technical design, development and detailing, construction technology, contract administration, sustainability and creating inclusive environments.
- meet with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief
- understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset
- evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues
- contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures
- identify the surveys (e.g. land surveys) required before work can commence, ensuring they're undertaken and their results are fed into the project
- develop project briefs and work on these as the project progresses
- prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and other design software, as well as traditional drawing methods
- lead the detailed design process and coordinate design information
- advise clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking
- liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval
- produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used
- carry out design-stage risk assessments
- administer contracts and project certifications
- You must be CAD – Stage 4 qualified
- Have 5 years of practical experience (minimum)