Assembly Production Manager
||Engineering and Manufacturing
Contact Lisa Cleverley to talk about this role on 01787 881962
My client, a well-regarded manufacturing organisation based on the outskirts of Colchester, are looking for an Assembly Production Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Assembly Production Manager is responsible for Assembly Operations, Packing & Despatch. With responsibility for people leadership, safety, production activities, product quality, continuous improvement and on time delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring primary focus is on the welfare, Health and Safety of all Employees, Visitors and Members of the Public, and drive improvement in performance and attitudes.
- Provide strong leadership to the Assembly organisation to ensure achievement of customer requirements and on time delivery within budgeted costs.
- Effective leadership of direct operators, within Assembly areas, Packing and Despatch, including performance management and regular reviews.
- Ensure Assembly activities remain flexible and able to cope with swings in demand.
- Further develop lean manufacturing activities, working with the Operations Team, and drive focus on quality, cost reduction & continual improvement.
- Review and, as appropriate, introduce changes to the Assembly organisation, to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources.
- Support continuous improvement activities across the area through visible engagement in the application of a range of tools, including kaizen events, 5S, 20 Keys, and other appropriate activities, supported by the Operations Team. Continually challenge performance to drive achievements of stretch targets.
- Work closely with internal departments, including, Pre-Production, Planning and Sales in the delivery and management of Sales and Operational Planning.
- Ensure effective communications across the area of responsibility in support of cultural change, driving a pro-active approach to meet market requirements and delivering business success for the company.
- Champion compliance with established processes and procedures, and continually seek opportunities to enhance performance through process improvements.
- Strong manufacturing experience, both at a hands-on and at leadership level. Strong customer service awareness.
- Experience of developing and implementing lean manufacturing techniques, establishing & achieving stretching targets, driving performance improvement & cost reduction initiatives.
- Knowledge of Assembly and packing processes and internal logistics
- Excellent Leadership capabilities; ability to communicate with, motivate and lead teams at all levels of the organization, and to liaise effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Strong personal credibility to influence and inspire team members to achieve and exceed personal targets and to strive for personal growth.
- Experience of operating in an established manufacturing environment, and of managing trade union relationships and employee relations in a partially unionized situation.
- Strong team player, capable of building strong working relationships with the Supply Chain & Manufacturing team members to achieve business goals and also with direct reports within manufacturing organization.
- Excellent communication skills; able to contribute to wider business communications in addition to manufacturing-specific employee and group communications.
- A self-starter who is able to perform independent work; able to achieve results through others.
Key skills required:
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and applications.
- Use of Microsoft Office Applications, specifically a strong knowledge of Excel is essential
- Ability to read and understand engineering specifications and instructions
- The implementation and delivery of Key Performance Indicators within a manufacturing environment
- Internal logistics and material flow
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation on the outskirts of Colchester - they are a large manufacturing organisation offering an excellent package and benefits scheme - free parking is available on site as well as the opportunity to develop and progress.
To discuss this position, please contact Lisa Cleverley at the Just Recruitment Group - Sudbury office