Just Recruitment has been tasked with the pleasure of recruiting for an Assistant Company Secretary for a leading specialist Insurance organisation in their City of London offices.
You will be an experienced Co. Secretary with a sound grasp of corporate governance issues. An ICSA qualification is highly desirable. Full or Part.
This role is 4 days a week and offers an attractive salary and package, whilst allowing you to work for a company who are pushing themselves to be at the forefront of employee development.
To assist in the provision of a high quality, professional company secretarial and administrative service to the company and its clients.
• Organise, prepare and circulate agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and EGMs/AGMs;
• Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms with Companies House;
• Follow up on actions from meetings;
• Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
• Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company and its clients;
• Ensure filing of annual confirmation statements, and other statutory documents with Companies House within a prescribed period;
• Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
You will need to have:
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels;
• Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work;
• The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure;
• The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills;
• A sound grasp of corporate governance issues;
• Good IT skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Experience and qualification:
Previous company secretarial experience and part ICSA qualified would be very advantageous.