||Purchasing and Merchandising
||£18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Buying Assistant on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex.
This role would suit you if you have relevant experience within the construction or manufacturing sectors.
You will assist the Procurement Team with purchase ordering, customer service and Central team support. You will also work closely with vendors, maintaining positive relationships whilst negotiating, pricing and meeting deadlines.
- Handle, identify and sort incoming requisitions accordingly
- Contribute to the output of processed requisitions
- Reprioritise work continually to ensure urgent deadlines are met
- Ensure urgent orders are delivered on time, chasing suppliers for any orders that have not been fulfilled
- Demonstrate excellent levels of customer service to internal customers
- Contribute to ensuring all departmental incoming telephone calls and emails are answered promptly
- Demonstrate flexibility by providing support to all categories and functions of the department
- Place purchase orders with suppliers in line with company processes and requirements
- Use Excel to help analyse and report on the company orders
- Stock control
- Attending trade events
- Gaining feedback from customers and project managers
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
Qualifications and/or experience required:
- A strong, confident telephone manner
- Competent in all Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate Excel skills – ideally the ability to use pivot tables however this is not essential
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- A positive and professional attitude towards work
- Ensuring products and orders are delivered on time
- Interpretation of reports and predicting future sales
- Pitching ideas to senior management
- Able to react to changes in customer demand