The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a CELL MACHINIST for their client based in Tiverton, Devon.
The position will be based in the Prelim Manufacturing Cell, which performs an intermediary role supporting other manufacturing cells with preparation metalwork processes and fulfilment of customer sales orders.
The process manufacture of scheduled plans, both written and verbal, to include cutting, straightening and chemical finishing of our precision slides for both stock and customer orders. A flexible approach to the workload is essential to meet tight deadlines as well as observing the highest quality during manufacture. Manual handling will be a key element of the role; therefore, teamwork is essential for smooth operation.
• Basic knowledge of metalwork and related properties.
• Mechanical skills including cutting and straightening.
• Experience of Manual handling and lifting techniques.
• Ability to differentiate between product types.
• Fully understand, and follow instructions, both written and verbal.
• Current Counterbalance Cat B licence is an advantage, however training can be provided to obtain this certificate.
• Attention to detail.
• Proven engineering background in a similar environment.
• Mechanical Engineering Manufacture Apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ3 Award, BTEC or City & Guilds qualifications in engineering at Advanced Level.
• Can do attitude with team working ethos.
• Experience using CMM, pre-set meters and gauges to check conformity of product.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Thursday: 7.00am – 4.00pm, 30-minutes lunch break.
Friday: 7.00am – 12.00pm, no lunch break
39-hours per week
In return our client offers:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd on telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 906528