Class 1 Driver (Nights)
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a well-regarded business on the outskirts of Colchester looking to add a Class 1 Driver, evening shifts (preferably with ADR experience) to their long-standing team.
Their vehicle fleet includes artics, rigids and trailers operating from a warehouse base.
The business prides itself on its commitment to the health, safety, and welfare of the entire staff team.
Key duties include:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from the customer’s premises or other locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform and PPE (clean and in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing the company whilst delivering, driving, or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment/vehicle/trailer, complying with appropriate documentation and procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects/damage or H&S issues to management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage-free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other site rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene, and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
Key person specifications:
- Category C+E driving licence
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience on UK roads
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No driving convictions
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers’ hours regulations and tachograph