CNC Machine Setter / Operator
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
If you’re a skilled CNC machine setter or operator and would like to work in the challenging and demanding aerospace industry, then we’d like to hear from you!
Night Shift and Split Shifts availableYou will be responsible for the programming / setting / operating of CNC milling machine as well as being involved in the development of prototype/full production parts.
Key responsibilities/experience will include:
- Setting our range of Haas & Maho CNC milling centres
- A good understanding drawings and geometric tolerances both metric & imperial
- Using measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, plug gauges, screw gauges, ring gauges
- Good understanding of CNC programming is imperative
- Experience of 5 axis machining would be beneficial but not essential
- Open to working shift patterns, would be advantageous
Salary negotiable subject to experience
Skills and qualifications:
- An in-depth understanding of CNC operating and setting, machine capabilities, spindle tooling, work holding and machining methods.
- Experience in machining aluminium castings desirable but not essential
- Understand component drawings
- Experience of working in the aerospace/defence sectors desirable
- Experience of working to ISO9001 /AS9100 quality approvals
What we're looking for in you:
- The successful applicant will be highly organised with a meticulous approach to work and a high level of attention to detail
- They will possess excellent team working and communication skills, and will be able to work unsupervised in a high pressure manufacturing environment
- The ability to confidently discuss design options and their influence on part manufacture and cost is also essential.