CNC Machine Setter/Operator
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£18,000 - £19,750 per annum
Contact Rosemary Black to talk about this role on 01440 270011
Just Recruitment is seeking a Machine Setter/Operator to join a busy manufacturing team based on the outskirts of Colchester.
If you have experience of CNC machining of timber components that will be of particular interest. A knowledge of hard and softwood species will be an advantage along with an understanding of FSC sustainable timber procedures.
- Machine setting.
- Machine operation.
- Checking tool and cutter condition and monitoring finishes to ensure tool replacement is carried out at right times.
- Reading component data from workshop documentation including drawings and cutting lists.
- Carrying out daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of machinery to keep in good working order.
You will be:
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry parts and materials and be experienced in group lifting activities when the need arises.
- Comfortable with handling workshop documentation and learning the established works procedures.
- Have a familiarity with timber machining and how cutter rotation in and out paths can affect quality finishing.
- Be ready to assist others in any workshop duty that may not be connected with CNC machine operation.
With 28 days statutory annual leave (20 + 8) and the likelihood of overtime working, this will be a full-time position but subject to satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation.