||Accountancy, Banking and Finance
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Do you have financial services experience?
Have you managed collections or have credit control experience?
Just Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a large financial services organisation based in Ipswich, offering a competitive salary, great working location and excellent company benefits - this is a great opportunity to join a global team.
Your role as a Collections Officer is to proactively manage accounts that are in arrears by ensuring collection and litigation activities are carried out in accordance with regulations. You will also be responsible for liaising with customers who have a performing loan, and dealing with their general enquiries and redemption requests.
On a day to day basis you will communicate with customers primarily by receiving incoming and making outgoing calls to understand circumstances, take payments and discuss options to find the best outcome for the customer. You will analyse customer documentation to ascertain potential solutions for the customer and respond appropriately.
Treating customers fairly is at the forefront of all customer contact and regular assessment and monitoring is completed to ensure the customer is treated in line with these principles and that any arrangement plans that are set up are appropriate and affordable.
What the role involves:
- Taking inbound and making outbound calls from customers in arrears
- Manage any arrears and associated risks with borrowers to re-establish the loan to a performing basis
- Ensure the Teams Service Levels are met and be a contributor to that achievement
- Analysis of customer information to understand what the best outcome is for their circumstances
- Corresponding in writing to customers not available by telephone
- Liaising with third parties, Solicitors, LPA receivers and Field Agents to instruct activity in line with policies and procedures
- Ensure all standards are achieved in line with client expectations of quality, productivity and performance
- Contribute to identification of improvement opportunities be influential in the finding continuous improvement possibilities to enhance our service to our customers and clients
- Receive and resolve loan enquiries from borrowers and their advisors
- Assist with projects as defined by the Team Leader by meeting agreed deadlines and achieving specific objectives
- Ensure that enquiries for changes to borrower’s accounts are dealt with within mandated levels and in accordance with procedures
- Report any breaches to the Line Manager
- Excellent communicator at all levels- both verbal and written
- Ability to work as an effective team member – be co-operative, support others and deliver what you promise
- Basic understanding of loan documentation
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines, be adaptable and flexible within the role
- A desire to learn and take on new systems and concepts quickly as well as critically evaluating where appropriate
- Reasoning and Mathematical skills - in order to calculate affordability and assess circumstances
- Attention to Detail - Recording of information must be accurate, factual and professional
- Minimum of Grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English, or equivalent
- Previous experience within the Collections industry preferable
- Technical awareness
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service experience
- Negotiator and Influencer - to be able to encourage open dialogue with the customer to gain trust and understanding of what a good resolution
- Empathetic manner - be able to confidently deal with difficult conversations whilst showing empathy and dealing sensitively, but appropriately
- Comfortable working within an FCA regulated environment working to the applicable rules and regulations
This role allows for further development and training - offering a rewarding career and a great package for the right candidate.