||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£40,000 - £47,000 per annum
Contact Shannon Mills to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting our client who are seeking a Commodity Manager to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is one of Europe's largest manufacturing and electronics companies. They are looking for a Commodity Manager to join their team based in Suffolk.
The role will be to perform a full range of strategic sourcing activities and Commodity Management functions for Instruments and Consumables products produced onsite. The successful candidate will also support other six Point of Care plants worldwide, so some international travel will be required.
- Developing complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiating prices, terms and quality requirements. Reducing on an annual basis the cost of purchased parts providing positive purchase price changes and year on year reduction of standard costs.
- Manage supplier capabilities in order to deliver materials in line with business requirements in terms of quality and supply.
- Manage Supply Chain risk from both a supplier and individual part perspective with regular assessment and mitigation.
- Working with Strategic Procurement colleagues, develop new supply sources to support existing and new product requirements. Ensuring the identification and qualification of capable suppliers with the involvement and support of technical personnel where appropriate.
- Ensure accurate standard costs, are maintained for new and existing products.
- Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements. Identify and co-ordinate cost-reduction opportunities for materials ensuring correct approvals and evaluations are obtained.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Successful experience in purchasing – demonstrating coverage of key fundamental aspects / responsibilities of the role as described above.
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools.
- Certification of a professional body associated with procurement preferred.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to deal with large amounts of complex data.
- Highly organised and results oriented with a ‘strong’ quality ethos.
- Financial awareness of the ‘inter dependencies’ of procurement decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to drive and deliver new initiatives and business improvements.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
Our client offers a highly competitive salary coupled with excellent benefits and opportunities to progress within the business.