Composite Repair Supervisor
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
The Just Recruitment Group Ltd are currently Recruiting for a Composite Repair Supervisor for their client based in Braintree, Essex.
To run and take supervisory responsibility for the composite repair workshop; working with the Workshop Manager to develop and build a new team. Carrying out the inspection and repair of composite materials for aircraft safety equipment components, including escape slide pack boards, covers and mechanical mechanisms. The role is central to the wider workshop to enable jobs to be completed in line with customer requirements and industry standards. Required to complete the repainting of aircraft seats and gas cylinders. Ensuring that all Health & Safety guidelines and rules are followed at all times; raising ideas for improvement. Supervising technicians and assisting the Workshop Manager in day to day people management. The role may require some ad-hoc travel for training and continuous development.
- Carry out surveys and assessments of equipment for repair; reviewing workshop findings
- Review any consumables required for the job and allocate spare parts as needed based on the works order
- Complete all necessary repairs including but not limited to, sewing, gluing, riveting and any other composite repairs
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of repair reports and job packs
- Work with and support other technicians within the wider workshop environment, providing advice on composite repairs as necessary
- Ensure that the quality of own work and repairs is maintained to a high standard
- Work in line with industry standards and regulations; referring to the CMM at all times
- Work with the Workshop Manager and other Supervisors to highlight ideas for improvement and play an active part in team meetings and the wider workshop team.
- Provide updates on the progress of repairs to the Workshop Manager, Supervisors and Front Office staff when necessary or requested.
- Assist in the day to day people management of technicians
Suitable applicants will offer:
- Previous experience in a hands on/manual engineering role
- Previous experience working with Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP), Carbon materials, Honeycomb Structures, Fibreglass, Laminate
- Previous experience in inspecting for damage and/or defects in GRP structures
- Previous mechanical experience
- Ability to understand technical documentation such as CMM’s
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to analyse and identify faults and the best method for repair on a case by case basis
- Previous engineering experience within an Aerospace environment
- Previous composite repair experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience of working in line with industry specific regulations including EASA Part 145, FAA, TCCA