||Law and Security
Contact Daniel Waters to talk about this role on 01473 259923
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join one of East Anglia’s longest established Law Firm based in Ipswich.
We are looking for someone with a calm, compassionate temperament who can work in a fast-paced environment.
The vacancy is in their Conveyancing Department, so experience in this area would be beneficial.
Your duties will include:
- Keeping records up to date and general filing (both paper and electronic documents)
- Archiving files
- Typing up legal documents, including transcribing and audio dictation, correspondence, e-mails and other similar documents
- Answering the phone and making a documented record of calls
- Organising diaries
- Preparing Land Registry and other relevant forms
- Making appointments with clients
- To act as secretary to assigned fee earners and carry out the task such a role normally entails
- To adhere to firm guidelines re: money laundering and other areas of risk management and to be aware of the need to comply with the SRA Code of Conduct in bringing any breaches to the attention of the COLP
- Generating invoices
- Informing Accounts department of any client changes
- Covering reception
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working as a Legal Secretary
- IT skills and knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office, email/diary software
- Organised approach to managing a full workload, with attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work to deadlines
- Able to communicate clearly in both written and oral formats
- Ability to work in a team, have a flexible approach and build excellent working relationships commitment to the firm’s aims and own development
In return, you will receive a competitive salary (flexible, depending on experience), career progression opportunities, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you believe you are right for this role.