Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
||Accountancy, Banking and Finance
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a large accountancy practice group looking for a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, to join their well-regarded and growing team.
Working within a busy, diverse and driven Tax team, you will service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across all business departments to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team.
If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
- This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients.
- You will also provide assistance to Managers/Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Provide corporate tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice, driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions as well as those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
- Understanding of and previous experience within corporate tax compliance, dealing with the annual tax return process of both small clients and those with a much more extensive number of assignees.
- Experience providing corporate tax advisory and compliance services to a variety of clients.
- Ability to undertake tax audits for clients under UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP.
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions.
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients.
- Some experience of managing staff.
- Some experience of dealing with client senior management and key stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level, and CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Demonstrable post qualified experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop a successful career - within an organisation that values each individual and provides further opportunities for development and progression.