||Environment and Agriculture
||£18,000 - £22,000
Contact Lisa Cleverley to talk about this role on 01787 881962
My client a 'cutting edge' design company are looking for a certified Ecologist to join their friendly and award nominated team.
Working in a countryside setting you will be required to work both in the office and on site - offering progression, mentoring and support - a competitive salary, company benefits scheme and a wonderful team environment - this really is a great opportunity!
You will be required to provide support to the Head of Ecology and the Ecology team in survey work, report writing and client liaison.
- Undertaking extended Phase 1 habitat surveys, individually or as part of a team;
- Assisting with or undertaking protected species surveys, BAP species or other as required;
- Undertaking desk studies, literature reviews and data analyses where required;
- Preparing reports for review by senior members of staff;
- Preparing and assisting with ECIA’s and Environment Statements;
- Providing advice to clients, or referring queries accurately to other members of the team as and when required;
- Liaising with and supporting project managers, clients and contractors where necessary;
- Working across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver proposals, surveys, reports and plans;
- Update 'Profess' and goal sheets as necessary and support team members in doing the same;
- Practical management work e.g. strimming, fencing where necessary and line with your own training;
- Assisting with habitat management, fencing or similar;
- Marketing and other administrative or professional tasks as directed by the Head of Department (or another member of the Senior Management Team);
- Assisting the Head of Department in preparing draft fee quotes;
- Assisting the Head of Department in client relationship management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
- You must hold at least one licence;
- Minimum BSc or equivalent qualification in Ecology, Biological Science or related discipline;
- Associate membership of CIEEM;
- At least 1 protected species licence (GCN);
- Minimum 2 years Post-graduate experience in an Ecology Consultancy or similar.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Wide and varied report writing skills;
- Wide project management experience;
- Survey experience/skills;
- Extensive knowledge of UK Wildlife Legislation and/or Planning Policy;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Full Driving Licence;
- Flexible approach to working hours;
- Able and willing to work away from home overnight and to work unsociable hours;
- Ability to undertake regular field-work across the UK.
To be considered for this role you must have the following attributes:
- Hardworking and enthusiastic;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Presentation skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise effectively;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Proactive approach to work;
- Problem solving skills;
- Calm and patient manner;
- Happy to work unsociable hours outside in all types of weather. You must be able to drive to be considered for this role as you will be required to travel to sites as required.