||Media and Internet
||To be discussed on application
Contact Abigail Webb to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Are you an experienced Journalist who can demonstrate a strong commercial awareness of B2B magazines?
Do you have the ability to commission and write relevant, insightful, knowledgeable and entertaining content?
Just Recruitment is recruiting for an Editor for a highly reputable and growing company based in the Colchester area.
The purpose of this role is to edit, oversee and implement the development and commercial success of their Craft Business magazine, website and associated product.
- Working closely with the Group Editor, as well as the advertising, web and design teams, to oversee all editorial connected to the brand
- Feature writing: researching and producing appropriate, interesting and informative articles; subbing and proofing; and sourcing images to ensure features are of an exceptionally high standard
- Briefing and commissioning industry experts and freelancers
- Ensuring that subject matter is presented in a concise, accurate, technically correct and clear manner, being mindful of presentation, style and consistency
- The sourcing and management of content for newsletters for monthly web updates
- Daily sourcing and management of content and strategies for social media channels as required
- Proofreading and overseeing design amendments at the studio and signing off pages for print
- Planning editorial content for magazine development and leading monthly features meetings with the advertising team
- Representing the brand at commercial client meetings, as well as in cross-departmental meetings
- Generating ideas and content for supplements and campaigns throughout the year and ensuring this workload is managed alongside the magazine’s main schedules
- Ensuring spend for editorial remains within allocated budget and managing invoices for submission to accounts department
- Providing advertising department with contacts and leads to ensure all commercial opportunities are maximised and working with the advertising team to create revenue-friendly ideas
- Attending external meetings, events and trade shows with overnight stays as necessary
- Managing and overseeing the editorial elements of the awards and help ensure their continued growth and success
- To support other titles either temporarily or permanently depending on the needs of the business and requirements of the role/title
- To comply with the Company’s Health & Safety and Company Handbook policies, procedures and requirements at all times
Skills and attributes required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage and delegate
- Ability to impact and influence
- Interpersonal skills, self motivation and flexibility
- Creativity and digital editing skills and knowledge and experience of social media
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
- Excellent IT skills
- Proof-reading skills
- Attention to detail
This is a full-time, permanent role working Monday – Friday. In return you will receive amazing benefits!
Interested? Apply today!