Field Based IT Support Engineer
||£27,000 - £32,000
||Bury St Edmunds
Contact Ellen Dalena to talk about this role on 01440 270011
The Just Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting our client who are seeking a Field Based IT Support Engineer based in the Bury St Edmunds area.
Working as part of a national UK based IT infrastructure and operations team supporting the business’s IT technical requirements.
- Project manage and implement infrastructure and business development projects.
- Assist in the management of IT equipment and services such as PCs, Mobile devices, servers, printers, network, facilities of meeting rooms and telephony (VoIP & Mobiles).
- The role will support our Chiswick, Middleton and Bury sites and will require travel to all sites as necessary – pattern to be agreed.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line on-site support as required.
- Provide technical information as required in relation to incidents.
- Manufacturing system support (e.g. AX/CDC/Maximo)
- Escalation of 3rd party outsourced partner support calls to system vendor and management thereof.
- Assist in the analysis of 3rd party outsourced tickets, resolution details and outstanding actions to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist in network server support and maintenance activities and processes.
- Assist in managing the telephony systems – VoIP, mobiles and Skype for Business.
- Supporting infrastructure such as server or networks and office / site IT facilities including meeting rooms.
- Ensure ITIL practices are being applied in line with the company policies, procedures and priorities.
- Work with the business to understand office and production site systems to facilitate the resolution of issues and implement solutions / upgrades as necessary.
- Analysing project requirements, evaluating solutions, preparing proposals, implementations and providing technical input as necessary.
- Work with the business to define business requirements predominantly around factory systems and infrastructure.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to desktop systems and provide extended support as and when required.
- Scope technical requirement and evaluate options.
- Propose / recommend solutions to the business.
- Assist in the sourcing and purchasing of IT equipment.
- Work with 3rd parties to deliver on time and within budget.
- Implement solution(s) managing testing and training.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7, Internet Explorer and MS Office suite of products.
- Good experience of Office 365 Administration and product offerings.
- Mobile device management (iPhones, iPads, Android, etc.) knowledge.
- Experience with building, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware / systems.
- Experience of working on manufacturing systems specifically production floor systems like shop floor data capture (e.g. AX, CDC, Maximo).
- Experience of VMWare, Networking, telephony.
- Project management skills essential.
- Knowledge of server / client operations in a domain including Active Directly and print server environments.
- Knowledge of IT service processes ITIL and best practices.
- University degree desirable.
- Qualifications in IT would be advantageous although a strong technical aptitude that can be demonstrated will be sufficient.
- Demonstrates independent and pro-active thinking, able to work alone and unsupervised, taking the initiative when necessary.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate a positive attitude under pressure.
- A forward thinker with the ability to prioritise a high workload across the sites providing both on-site and remote support.
- Strong customer service mind-set is essential with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Self-motivated, results driven and flexibility to ‘do what it takes’ to resolve problems.
- Adaptable individual able to work under pressure and be flexible when necessary to respond to issues which may occasionally require out of hours work.
In return our client offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience. All travel expenses will be covered by the business including hotel stays with meal allowances etc.
The company also operate a bonus scheme of 5% of the salary which is 50% company performance, 50% individual performance based.
Our client are a highly desirable company to be a part of, offering ongoing training and development opportunities and a supportive working environment.
For more information apply today.