||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Just Recruitment is delighted to be assisting with an integral hire, for a well-regarded business in Sudbury.
The Industrial Engineer is a key position within a newly created team whose primary responsibility is to deliver continuous improvement initiatives across all levels/functions of the business.
You will be the driving force behind fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation, coaching and embedding of LEAN methodology, its tools, and the supporting framework to deliver business transformation.
Key responsibilities include:
- To identify and deliver improvement activities across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- To work with key business stakeholders to build a Continuous Improvement environment to support an on-going programme of change.
- To lead, facilitate and coach LEAN/process improvement based workshops or Kaizen's to drive ideas and solutions.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identify better ways of working.
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a Continuous Improvement monitoring system.
- To assist in the development and implementation of 'best-in-class' Continuous Improvement strategy.
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls.
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times.
- To set up programmes, deliver coaching and run projects across all functions.
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects (lessons learned).
Experience and key skill requirements:
- Experience in Manufacturing / Engineering.
- Significant experience of hands-on implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and LEAN solutions.
- Ability to operate and communicate within a cross-functional team made up of both technical and non-technical members.
- Manage time efficiently to meet reactive business demands.
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead improvements/Kaizen sessions with a range of business stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Accreditation in Lean Six Sigma Green/Black(preferred) belt as a minimum.
- Project management skills desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure.
- A 'completer-finisher' taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success.
Offering an excellent package, working location, company bonus and extensive benefits package - this is a great team to be part of!