Instrument Technician / Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Contact Jody Collings to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Are you qualified with an NVQ Level 3 on Instrumentation and Control?
Do you have experience of working in either a food, chemical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing environment?
Just Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an Instrument Technician/Engineer for their well established client based in the Felixstowe area.
The purpose of this key role within the company is to ensure the effective upkeep of all instrumentation for plant and equipment.
You will provide reactive and preventative maintenance of all field instrumentation and equipment. You will report to the Engineering Manager and be comfortable working on equipment of various ages.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance of all plant instrumentation and equipment
- Ensure efficient use of utilities and resources
- Fault find on varied equipment of different complexities and ages
- Communicate the condition of the equipment at all levels
- Work in a safe and logical manner, performing tasks with care and prioritising by importance and deadline
- Managing small projects/modifications from conception to commissioning
- Maintenance of instrument stores and parts
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in any of the following: food / chemical / pharmaceutical / manufacturing environment
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 on Instrumentation and Control
- Ability to calibrate instrumentation equipment and record
- Experience of fault finding, diagnosis and repair of instrumentation
- Competent computer skills
- Flexible and able to do call-out duties
- Flow, level, pressure, temperature control and relevant field equipments
- Experience of older power and distribution systems
- Management of site wide instrumentation records
- Knowledge of DCS and SCADA control systems
This is a full-time, permanent position working 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, on call 1 week in 4.