Junior Thermal Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£25,000 – £30,000
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Junior Thermal Engineer to join a company looking to expand their development capability based in Colchester, Essex.
You will be providing key design inputs to the electronics hardware team, and will be very involved in the verification stages of product development, as well as be providing on-going support to the design teams based in other countries as well as in the UK.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Designing, developing and testing thermal solutions for both convection and conduction cooled products.
- Liaising with the hardware and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
- Simulating and analysing thermal performance of the products, and implementing any necessary corrections.
- Conducting thermal and mechanical testing of new products and components.
- Developing and improving mechanical and thermal design procedures and practises.
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
You will ideally be an engineering graduate in a relevant discipline – previous design and analysis experience in an industrial environment is not required. You must be able to demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and should ideally be familiar with some or all of the following:
- An understanding of the principles behind designing thermal solutions for both convection cooled and conduction cooled electronic products.
- Thermal simulation using Flotherm or Flotherm XT or similar product.
- Analysis of thermal characteristics at component level in excess of 40W, and at board level in excess of 60W.
- Mechanical design skills, ideally using SolidWorks, for creating or at least modifying solid model designs for heat sinks and other items.
- Following a thermal design process.
- An appreciation of general production machining processes.
There will be excellent scope for progression within the company.