Lead Automation Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Due to new exciting automation projects, an excellent opportunity has arisen within our Team for a:
LEAD AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Reporting directly to the General Manager responsible for providing technical advice, guidance and overseeing the build and integration of automated machinery, This diverse role will require extensive knowledge of automated machinery, robotics and appreciation of machinery safety.
Scope of the Role:
- Ideally, with excellent project management and leadership skills you will be overseeing the day-to-day activities for the build of automated machinery.
- Aid in the development and implementation of automation and robotic systems in support of new programs, cost improvement programs and operations.
- Simulate and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete exact tasks.
- Responsible for a small team of junior engineers of varying skill levels you will be required to schedule workloads and monitor progress against project plan.
- To liaise with customers and undertake customer site visits will be required. (This may involve overseas travel within Europe).
- Provide automation guidance and training to other functional groups (i.e. Operations, Validation, Maintenance).
- Author and/or review technical and design documents for projects and implement process changes.
- Support FAT/Commissioning/qualification activities as required.
- Establish and maintain technical time and cost objectives for projects using project specifications.
- Carry out safety audits and risk assessments on all machinery to ensure total compliance and a safe working environment.
- Carry out and manage projects/modifications from concept to completion.
- Specification of electrical and mechanical components, producing bills of materials and project schedules
- Management of personnel and projects to timescales and deadlines.
- Taking responsibility for delivery of engineering works products according to cost, quality and operational targets.
Skills / Education:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in Engineering with electrical or control systems bias.
- Experience in a similar role with the build and test of automated machinery.
- Knowledge of CE Marking process and the Machinery Directive.
- Customer focused with good communication skills both verbally and written.
- High attention to detail with good analytical and reporting skills.
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement and working practices.
- Flexible, team focused willing to show initiative.
- Ability to provide training, motivate, manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and diagnostic ability both reactive and proactive.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday: 8.00 am – 2.30 pm
Lunch Break: 30 minutes each day.