Learning and Development Specialist
||Recruitment and HR
||£30,000 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a well-regarded and award winning organisation based on the outskirts of Ipswich.
They are looking to add a Training and Development Specialist to their already successful HR team.
This company truly offer a great place to work with extensive benefits and have a great ethos across the business.
An overview of the role:
- To support the Head of HR in developing knowledge, skills and behaviours to achieve organisational goals and to ensure a joined-up HR service to the business.
- This varied role will report to and support the Head of HR delivering and evaluating training interventions as appropriate covering three key facets for the business within the Training and Development umbrella, whilst also providing HR Generalist back-up and support to the HR team during periods of absence, or when required.
- Fundamental to the role is the requirement to assess training value and ensure resources maximise ROI, whilst ensuring buy-in across the business through innovative and inspiring training events throughout the year.
- You must be CIPD qualified possess strong communications skills and should have a hands-on, forward thinking, innovative approach, working well in a small team environment and prepared to muck-in. Self-drive, team spirit and a keen sense of humour is essential.
Workforce Training and Development (externally sourced training)
- To deliver innovative training and development opportunities across the business targeting key cultural requirements which align to the HR People strategy including; personal and professional development, leadership, well-being and soft skills training.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the annual training schedule to budget, organising and coordinating all facets including all co-ordination and administration from inception through to delivery, including production of training schedules, training timetables and co-ordination of the training event.
- You will be required to pro-actively source new and innovative training providers to ensure training offering is fresh, relevant and innovative, whilst being ahead of training trends with an innovative creative approach and maintaining and developing training deliverables in line with the Investors In People Platinum standard.
- You will work in conjunction with the Head of HR to deliver Leadership Training, currently in its third tier.
- Assisting the Head of HR with delivery of programme content, innovative initiatives and targeted topics.
- Ensuring a continued pathway for progression across all Management tiers (SMT, LDP1 LDP2).
- Together with production of training materials and all administration relating to delivery of the event.
Business academy duties:
- To work with the Head of HR to ensure continued development of technical product training to ensure elevated levels of knowledge across the business.
- This will involve production, co-ordination and collation of training materials, involving the relevant personnel, ensuring a set layout and standard of delivery across all training paraphernalia.
- In addition this will involve administration and organisation of training sessions, maintaining records, and ensuring efficient and innovative delivery with a view to maximising efficiency and gain buy in.
- You will have a pro active approach to improvement of the current delivery, with a view to development and implementation of video and e-learning modules.
Contractor training duties:
- Working with and through the Approved Contractor Network to co-ordinate training for approved installers across all systems as required. This will involve organisation, administration and coordination of personnel involved in training delivery.
- To work with the Head of HR and Project Director in the continued development and delivery of Approved Contractor Installer training programmes across all product systems.
- To work with the Head of HR, Project Director and Technical Director to increase industry training offering aligning with all industry Waterproofing associations SPRA, NFRC, LWA.
Induction and training duties:
- To ensure an excellent on-boarding experience for new hires and to ensure a culture of continuous improvement and development.
- To maintain and improve the extensive company induction and training programme, evaluate and ensure materials, content and delivery methods maintain relevance.
- Co-ordination and updating of training materials and production of Induction and Training Schedules
- Ensuring completion of Induction and Training requirements
- Ensuring development and improvement of the process to ensure time efficiency
HR support duties:
- To cover the workload of the HR Adviser in their absence
- To undertake HR administration and tasks as required
- To undertake projects as directed by the Head of HR
- Other general requirements
- To build networks with external organisations
- To keep abreast of developments in the field of training and development and employment legislation.
- Attend and where necessary contribute to staff meetings as required
- To work with the HR team to design and deliver training on HR policies and procedures; to staff and managers
- To provide advice, guidance and support to line managers and staff on training and development requirements
- To maintain and develop the training provider PSL ensuring cost effectiveness
This is an excellent opportunity - offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great team environment.
Free parking is available on site.